The scope of cover available from P&I Clubs are detailed in their individual rulebooks, but generally, this comprises:
- Personal injury to or illness or loss of life of crew members
- Personal injury to or loss of life of stevedores
- Personal injury to or illness or loss of life of passengers and others
- Loss of personal effects
- Life salvage
- Loss or damage to property other than cargo
- Towage contract
- Wreck liabilities
- Cargo liabilities
- Cargo's proportion of general average or salvage
- Legal costs
- Charterers disputes
Over three decades of experience in the handling many types of claims and P&I casualties, together with an ability to grasp the newest needs of the maritime insurance field, enable PSS to guarantee a professional and qualified assistance in all Iranian ports.
PSS was mainly set up to serve the needs of P&I Clubs and it aims to provide independent, high quality marine services to the P&I Clubs in the Iranian ports.